02 Apr What is an “Ergo” Bed?
There are many ways that you can improve your sleep, and one of the best ways is by getting the right mattress. Today there are so many different options that you can choose from when it comes to mattresses at 2 Brothers Mattress that it is a decision you need to make carefully after a lot of research, testing, and consideration.
When shopping for mattresses you may have come across information or tested an “ergonomic” or “ergo” bed. If you have wondered what the purpose of this bed is, and whether or not it would be right for you, here is some information to help.
Ergo Bed Basics
Ergo beds, also sometimes referred to as adjustable bed frames, allow you to raise and lower your head, your feet, or both. You can use them for a wide variety of different purposes, including medical and health benefits as well as lifestyle benefits. Today’s ergo bed frames come with wireless and wired remotes that control hydraulic lifts under the mattress for maximum control. They can even be upgraded with functions such as massage and Bluetooth music for the ultimate lounge area.
Benefits of an Adjustable Bed Frame
When shopping for an adjustable bed frame at a place like 2 Brothers Mattress it’s important to understand the benefits of this type of bed so you can get the right one for your needs. There are both health and lifestyle benefits, and sometimes you might buy it for one or the other only to make the pleasant discovery that it comes with both.
Lifestyle benefits include:
- Eating, reading, and watching television in bed without the need for several pillows under your head
- Fun movie nights cuddled up in bed instead of out on the couch
- The ability to fall asleep while watching television without waking up with a kink in your neck or a sore back (some adjustable bases come with the ability to set a timer that will lower the bed to a sleeping position in case you do fall asleep)
- Sleeping in a zero gravity, or Zero-G, position can reduce snoring and help your partner get a better night’s sleep
- Reducing tension through massage and through more comfortable sleeping positions
Some of the medical benefits that ergonomic beds offer include:
- Improved ability to get out of bed, especially if you have limited mobility
- Better heart function when you raise your legs, increasing circulation during sleep and providing a better night’s sleep
- Better distribution of pressure to reduce and relieve pressure points that can cause back, neck, shoulder, and hip pain
- Improved blood flow in the zero gravity position, and through the use of features such as massage
- Reducing or eliminating snoring means you can get a more sound night of sleep without waking frequently
- Achieving relief from pain caused by conditions such as arthritis, fibromyalgia, cramps, asthma, and acid reflux
Shopping for an Ergo Bed
If you decide that an ergonomic bed is right for you, it’s important to know that you can get both single and split adjusting bases. Split ones, which come in king size beds and require split mattresses, allow for you and your partner to have separate sleeping positions or for one of you to be sitting up while the other is lying down. Ergo bed bases are generally not compatible with innerspring mattresses, but work well with memory foam, latex, and airbeds. It’s a good idea to check reviews and find out what the manufacturer’s warranty is before buying an ergo base.
If you think this might be the right option for you, come talk to 2 Brothers Mattress to learn more and choose the perfect base for your next bed.