04 Aug Attachable Headboard Vs Full Bed Frame
There are a few important accessories or fixtures you might be thinking about with regard to your mattress, bed and sleep setup, and a headboard is a great example. If you want a headboard as part of your bed setup, you have two broad options available: An attachable headboard that comes on and off, or a “full” bed frame that has a built-in headboard as part of its construction.
At 2 Brothers Mattress, we’re happy to offer a huge range of both mattresses and sleep accessories to clients around Salt Lake City, Provo, American Fork and other parts of Utah, including both these styles of headboards to meet your needs. Here are some basics on attachable headboards (also sometimes just called “headboards”) versus full bed frames that have built-in headboards, plus some considerations if you’re deciding which is the best option for you.
Attachable Headboard Basics and Types
As we alluded to above, an attachable headboard is just what it sounds like – it’s attached to the frame of your bed, but can also be removed as needed. Typically, these headboards are designed to fit most standard-sized beds, and they come in a variety of styles and materials.
Some attachable headboards will have additional features, such as storage compartments or padded headrests for added comfort. This makes them perfect for those who want to add a bit of extra style and storage space – without making an investment in a full bed frame.
Attachable headboards come in several styles and materials. Some of the most common and popular materials include:
- Metal: If you’re looking for a modern, minimalist look, metal headboards are a great option. They come in various colors and styles to match any decor.
- Wood: For a more traditional feel, wood headboards are an excellent choice. You can find these headboards in many different wood finishes, from light to dark woods.
- Upholstered: If you want the most luxurious look, an upholstered headboard is an excellent option. These come in a variety of colors and patterns to fit any design aesthetic.
When it comes to style, here are a few of the top options today:
- Strutted: This style of headboard has a curved top, giving it a classic look.
- Floor-standing: These headboards are designed to stand alone, without the need for a frame.
- Wall-mounted: This type of headboard attaches directly to the wall behind your bed, providing a modern and unique look.
- Slatted: If you need more ventilation, a slatted headboard is the ideal choice. This style has evenly spaced rails for breathability and ventilation.
Benefits of Attachable Headboards
There are several benefits that come with an attachable headboard, including:
- Preventing wear-and-tear on the wall: This is especially beneficial if you have a wall-mounted headboard. As the headboard is attached to the bed, not the wall, it helps prevent any damage from occurring to your walls.
- Easy to move: If you’re looking for a solution that can easily be moved and adjusted when needed, an attachable headboard is ideal. You can easily remove it when not in use, and reinstall it anytime.
- Low cost: Attachable headboards are typically the more affordable option when compared to full bed frames with built-in headboards.
Full Bed Frames With Built-In Headboards
If you’re looking for a more permanent solution that doesn’t require attaching or detaching, a full bed frame with a built-in headboard is the way to go. These frames are typically made from solid wood – usually oak or pine – and have a built-in headboard that’s part of the structure itself.
These types of bed frames come in various styles, colors and finishes. Whether you’re looking for something modern and sleek, or something more traditional and ornate, you’re sure to find the perfect frame for any bedroom.
Benefits of Full Bed Frames With Built-In Headboards
Full bed frames with built-in headboards come with several benefits that make them an ideal choice for those looking for a permanent solution:
- Durability: These types of frames are made from high-quality materials like solid wood, making them highly durable.
- Style: These bed frames come in a variety of styles and colors, so you’re sure to find the perfect look for your bedroom.
- Offer an all-in-one solution: With a full bed frame with built-in headboard, you don’t have to worry about purchasing and attaching a separate headboard.
- Easy setup: As these bed frames come already built, all you need to do is assemble and install them.
- Packaged cost savings: While full bed frames will naturally be more expensive than attachable headboards of similar quality, that’s because you’re also getting a bed frame that’s included. So you can get more bang for your buck in terms of both style and quality if you opt for one of these frames.
Choosing between an attachable headboard and a full bed frame with built-in headboard really comes down to budget, aesthetic preferences, and ease of setup. For those who want to save a bit of cash yet still have an attractive headboard, an attachable headboard is the perfect choice. On the other hand, for those who are looking for a permanent solution with more durability and style options, a full bed frame with built-in headboard is the route to go.
At 2 Brothers Mattress, we’d be happy to help you find the perfect headboard solution for your bedroom. Whether you’re looking for an attachable headboard or a full bed frame with built-in headboard, our team of sleep experts will be able to guide you through the selection process and help you make the best choice. Contact us today to learn more about any of our mattress or sleep options for clients around SLC, Provo, American Fork or other parts of Utah.